All content archive
- July 31
- How a Lick from a Dog Led to a Man's Leg and Arm Amputations
- What If Earth Turned into a Giant Pile of Blueberries?
- Astrophysicists Just Saw an Amazing Structure in the Sun's Outer Atmosphere
- This Duck Supermom Leads 76 Ducklings in Amazing, Adorable Photo
- Modern-Day Soldiers Discover Ancient Warrior Clutching Spear
- Like Hell on Earth, Raging Firenado Plows Through California Town
- Shark Stolen from an Aquarium in a Baby Stroller Is Rescued and Recovering
- Vaginal 'Rejuvenation' Procedures Are Unproven, Pose Serious Risks, FDA Warns
- Part of This Boy's Brain Was Removed. The Rest of His Brain Made Sure He Wouldn't Notice.
- Hackers Target 3rd Dimension of Cyberspace: Users' Minds
- Why Do Paper Cuts Hurt So Much?
- What Caused This Man's Scalloped Pupil?
- Distress Calls Linked to Amelia Earhart Probably Don't Reveal Anything About Her Demise
- 9 Strange, Scientific Excuses for Why Humans Haven't Found Aliens Yet
- July 30
- Facts About Cadmium
- Why Are Dozens of Dead Animals Washing Up on Florida Beaches?
- Large Hadron Collider Just Spat Electron-ified Atoms to Almost the Speed of Light
- Is Getting Your Genome Screened at a Doctor's Appointment a Good Idea?
- Geometry Has a New Shape. Meet the 'Scutoid.'
- Where's the Tomb of King Tut's Wife? Valley of the Kings Dig Leaves Mystery
- This Swirling Algal Bloom Mixes Beauty and Danger
- String Theory May Create Far Fewer Universes Than Thought
- How Do You Know If Your Cut Has Flesh-Eating Bacteria?
- The Sun Had a Wild Youth. And These Blue Crystals Prove It.
- Another Dark-Matter Search Fails — Shedding Light on the Universe
- Oldest Evidence for Life on Land Unearthed in South Africa
- July 29
- July 28
- July 27
- Shocking Global Map Shows the Extent of a Global Heat Wave
- April the Giraffe Is Pregnant Again. Yes, Her Cam Is Up and Running.
- Why Is the US One of the 'Most Dangerous' Places in the Developed World to Give Birth?
- Worms Frozen for 42,000 Years in Siberian Permafrost Wriggle to Life
- Look Up This Weekend for Closest Mars Views Since 2003
- Who Discovered Mars, Anyway? A Look Back at the History of the Red Planet
- Star Zooms Past Monster Black Hole, Confirms Relativity
- Forgotten 'Dinosaur' Fossil Actually Belongs to a Weird, Hippo-Like Beast
- How Quantum Computers Could Kill the Arrow of Time
- Dressed to Kill: Chilean Mummies' Clothes Were Colored with Deadly Toxin
- Is Sleeping with a Fan On Actually Bad for Your Health?
- If Blood Moons Signal the Apocalypse, We Have Been in the 'End Times' for 4.5 Billion Years
- July 26
- Gravity Waves Ripple Across Antarctica's Skies, and Researchers Think They Know Why
- Africa's Largest Mammal Is Terrified of This Tiny Insect
- Juvenile Whale Shark Washes Ashore in Florida. But What Killed It?
- Grief-Stricken Orca Mom Pushes Dead Newborn Around in Puget Sound
- Viral Hoax Claims Mars Will Look As Large As the Moon This Weekend
- Teen Gets Hookworm from Florida Beach Sand
- 23andMe Is Sharing Its 5 Million Clients' Genetic Data with Drug Giant GlaxoSmithKline
- DNA Test Identifies 9/11 Victim 17 Years After He Died
- Just 13% of the Ocean Is Untouched by Humans
- Most Americans Support Gene Editing for Babies to Treat Diseases, Poll Finds
- Babies Died in a Drug-Trial Tragedy. Why Were Their Mothers Given Viagra?
- Watch This Giant Sea Cucumber Expel a Spiraling Poop Log
- Death-Defying Lizards Fly Off Sticks During Leaf-Blower Wind Experiment
- July 25
- The Edge of Space Just Crept 12 Miles Closer to Earth
- People Are Using Dog DNA Tests to Make Life-or-Death Decisions About Their Pets. They Shouldn't.
- This Man Says a 'Rare Gene' Cured His Type 1 Diabetes. Experts Are Skeptical.
- How to Watch the Century's Longest Lunar Eclipse from Anywhere in the World
- Ritz Recall: Cracker Products with Cheese Pulled Over Salmonella Risk
- Queso Recall: 7,000 Cases of Taco Bell Cheese Dip Pulled Due to Botulism Risk
- Why Grave Robbers Missed This Ancient, Gold-Filled Burial
- 12-Mile-Wide Lake May Be Hiding Beneath Martian Surface
- Cat Parasite May Make People More Entrepreneurial
- This Blood Test Can Detect Brain Injuries, But Some Doctors Say It Might Be Pointless
- Your Sunscreen Isn't Protecting You As Much As You Think: Here's Why
- World First: Chinese Physicists Made a Cold Atomic Clock Work in Space
- July 24
- Do Spicy Snacks Really Cause Gallbladder Problems?
- The World's 1st Computer Algorithm, Written by Ada Lovelace, Sells for $125,000 at Auction
- How a Map of Your Brain Can Trick Your Brain
- Rare 'Lunar Bible' That Visited the Moon Is Up for Auction
- Geese Fly to Exhaustion in Race Against Climate Change
- Headless Body Might Be One of America's 1st Politicians … and Slave Owners
- Weird Paradox Says 2 Losses Equals a Win. And It Could Lead to Fast Quantum Computers.
- 4 Varieties of Goldfish Crackers Recalled for Salmonella Risk
- Hot Take: Tree Shrews Love Chili Peppers
- How Old Is My Pet in Dog Years or Cat Years?
- Maybe Bigfoot Was a Dinosaur, If These Fossils Are Any Indication
- Your Dog Knows When You're Upset, and Wants to Help
- 'Good' Cholesterol May Be Bad for Some People
- July 23
- Americans Think Pot Is Healthy, But Scientists Still Have Questions
- What in the Whirled? Tiny, Floating Dumbbell Rotates 60 Billion Times Per Minute
- Scientists Definitely Have Not Found Life on the Moon
- How on Earth Did These Burials of Viking Descendants Wind Up in Sicily?
- Here's a Disturbing Theory About Why Climate Change Seemed to 'Pause' for 15 Years
- What's Behind 'Weeping' Virgin Mary Statues?
- This Mustached Monkey Likely Inspired Dr. Seuss' Lorax
- Andromeda Killed and Ate Another Galaxy
- Radioactive Traces from the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Found in California Wine
- Will Parker Solar Probe Really 'Touch the Sun'?
- July 22
- July 21
- July 20
- Hidden Compartments in This Wrecked Confederate Submarine Could Solve a 150-Year-Old Mystery
- ...Don't Drink the Mummy Juice
- Tropical Pink 'Sea Pickles' Are Invading the Waters of the Pacific Northwest
- Do Brown Recluse Spider Bites Really Lead to Amputations?
- A Rare Condition Is Causing a Boy's Skin to Turn to 'Stone.' What Is Stiff Skin Syndrome?
- This $1.5 Million Project Aims to Count All the Cats in Washington, D.C.
- Last Survivor of Uncontacted Tribe, 'Man of the Hole,' Is Spotted in the Amazon
- Blob-Like Sea Monster Washes Up on Maine Beach
- Woman Tried to Treat Athlete’s Foot with Raw Garlic. It Burned Through Her Toe.
- South Korean Company Claims Sunken Russian Warship Contains $132 Billion Worth of Gold
- Century-Old Burials of 95 Convict Slaves Uncovered in Texas
- This Creepy Hole-Fish Is So Excited to Eat Literally Anything
- Syphilis: Symptoms & Treatment
- July 19
- Diabetes May Increase Risk for Cancer, Especially for Women
- That Massive Black Sarcophagus Was Opened. Here's What's Inside.
- Your Earliest Memory Probably Never Happened
- Mystery of Spiky-Skulled Utah Dinosaur Solved
- Photos: Spiky-Headed Dinosaur Found in Utah, But It Has Asian Roots
- Arctic Circle Burns As Record Heat Broils Northern Europe
- This Robot Just Wants To Hug A Jellyfish Without Committing Jellymurder
- 'Alien' Mummy DNA Probe May Have Crossed Ethical Lines
- Drone Reveals Massive Stonehenge-Like Circular Monument in Ireland
- Why the July 27 Lunar Eclipse Will Last So Freakishly Long
- In Photos: Ireland's Newgrange Passage Tomb and Henge
- No, Caffeine Doesn't Help You Lose Weight
- July 18
- We Are Now Living in a New Geologic Age, Experts Say
- This Woman Stumbled into a 'Hobo Parsnip' Plant. Days Later, Her Legs Were Severely Burned.
- More Pregnant Women Are Having Heart Attacks. But Why?
- Conservatives More Likely to Know 'the Meaning of Life' Than Liberals, Massive Study Finds
- Salmon with a Side of Squirm: Woman Finds Wriggling Worm in Fillet
- Oldest Fossil of a Baby Snake Discovered Trapped in Amber Tomb
- Can Elon Musk Fix Flint's Water Problems?
- Shroud of Turin Is a Fake, Bloodstains Suggest
- Does Eating Beef Jerky Cause Psychiatric Symptoms? Not So Fast.
- Why Do Crows Copulate with Corpses?
- Butterflies Sip Turtle Tears in Stunning Video
- July 17
- What Is Dry Cleaning?
- CDC Chief Says Son Nearly Died from Cocaine Laced with Fentanyl
- This Big-Eyed, Deep-Sea Shark Looks Like an Anime Character
- Lava Bomb Slams Boat Tour in Hawaii, Injuring 23
- Jupiter Now Has a Whopping 79 Moons
- UK-Based Think Tank Says Editing Human Embryos Is 'Morally Permissible'
- Why Does Pregnancy Cause Weird Dreams?
- Scientists May Have Wildly Underestimated the Giant Dinosaurs of the Ancient World
- 12-Million-Ton Iceberg Threatens Greenland Village
- This Magnetic Wire Could One Day Pull Cancer Cells from Your Blood
- Liver Cancer Death Rates Rise As Overall Cancer Death Rates Fall in the US
- Gonorrhea: Symptoms & Treatment
- July 16
- Why 8 Endangered Rhinos Died in Mission to Save Them
- Einstein Letter on Immigration Up for Auction
- Right Again, Einstein: Special Relativity Works Even in Ghostly High-Energy Neutrinos
- A Stash of a Quadrillion Tons of Diamonds May Be Hiding Deep Inside Earth
- CRISPR Gene Editing May Be Doing More Damage Than Scientists Thought
- Why an Escaped Jaguar Went on a Killing Spree at New Orleans Zoo
- Ancient Papyrus Reveals Galen's Crazy Theory About 'Hysterical Suffocation'
- You Might Be Slightly Conscious Under Anesthesia
- Chinese Researchers Achieve Stunning Quantum-Entanglement Record
- A Rare Outbreak of 'Rabbit Fever' Popped Up at a German Winery. The Surprising Cause? Grapes.
- Why Mars Appears to Be Moving Backward
- July 15
- July 14
- July 13
- French Farmer Discovered a Rare Mastodon Skull, But Kept It Secret for Years
- Earthquake in Mexico Cracked a Pyramid and Revealed an Ancient Temple
- Why the FDA Just Approved a Drug for Smallpox, Nearly 40 Years After the Disease Was Eradicated
- Early Humans Probably Didn't Evolve from a Single Population in Africa
- 1st Color X-Rays of Human Body Are Bloody Amazing
- 'Grandmother' Cells in the Brain Could Help the Body Shake Off Jet Lag
- Possible Oldest Fragment of Homer's 'Odyssey' Discovered in Greece
- July 12
- You've Probably Never Heard of This STD. It Could Become the Next Superbug.
- NASA Discovered Evidence of Life on Mars 40 Years Ago, Then Set It On Fire
- This Towering Iceberg That Broke Free of Antarctica Last Year Doesn't Want to Leave
- This Holey Skull May Have Watched Over Dead People in the Afterlife Some 2,500 Years Ago
- The Sad Reason Kangaroos Are Acting Drunk
- Why a 4-Billion-Year-Old Particle That Hit Antarctica Is Such a Big Deal
- Here's What Ötzi the Iceman Ate Before He Was Murdered
- Why Are World Cup Players Spitting Their Drinks?
- Why Did People Panic When the Moon Changed Color?
- 2 Lemon-Yellow Bat Species Discovered in Africa. And They're Adorable Fuzz Balls.
- 16th-Century Shipwreck Off Florida Coast Is Worth Millions. But It Belongs to France, not US.
- July 11
- A Woman Had Strange Feelings in Her Legs. Doctors Found Parasites in Her Spine
- Friday the 13th Eclipse Visible to Lucky Few
- How Did the Massive 'Salty' Crocodile Captured in Australia Get So Freaking Big?
- Earliest Evidence of Our Human Ancestors Outside of Africa Found
- Watch a Rocket's Sound Waves Rip a Rainbow to Bits
- Here's What Sophia, the First Robot Citizen, Thinks About Gender and Consciousness
- What If AI Psychopath 'Norman' and Amazon's Alexa Got Together?
- Pliny the Elder Wasn't Crazy After All. There Were Whales in the Mediterranean.
- 1,600-Year-Old Mosaic Shows Biblical Spies Who Scouted Promised Land
- Why Do Teeth Turn Yellow?
- July 10
- Books That Kill: 3 Poisonous Renaissance Manuscripts Discovered in School Library
- What's Inside This Massive Egyptian Sarcophagus?
- Discovery of 'First Giant' Dinosaur Is a Huge Evolutionary Finding
- Earth's Oldest Color Dates Back More Than 1 Billion Years
- Watch These Ghostly Faces Suddenly Reappear in the World's Oldest Photos
- There's Spooky Plasma Music Traveling From Saturn to its Weirdest Moon
- Rescued from the Cave, Thai Soccer Team Gets Quarantined: Here's Why
- No Vision, No Problem for This 'Blind' Cheetah Robot
- Cave Divers Prevail, As All 12 Boys and Soccer Coach Are Brought to Safety
- Stop Taking Multivitamins to Help Your Heart. Researchers Say They Don't Work.
- July 9
- Parasite Outbreak Tied to Del Monte Vegetables Sickens More Than 200 People
- Here’s What You Need to Know About Wet Bathing Suits and Yeast Infections
- How a Renegade 'Sausage Galaxy' Gave the Milky Way Its Bulge
- Amazon Wasp with Enormous Stinger May Just Haunt Your Nightmares
- This Woman Broke a Bone in Her Eye Socket by Blowing Her Nose Too Hard
- Elon Musk's Plan to Rescue Trapped Thai Boys? A Kiddie Submarine That Looks Like a Coffin.
- Virtual Reality May Help Save Ancient Egypt's 'Sistine Chapel'
- 7,000-Year-Old Massacre: 9 Neolithic Outsiders Murdered with Blows to the Head
- Dramatic Video Captures Moment Towering Iceberg Splits from Greenland Glacier
- July 7
- July 6
- Are Hot Summer Days Risky for Pregnant Women?
- Gallery: Rescuers Race Against Time to Save Soccer Team Trapped in Thai Cave
- Famed British Geologist Was Spectacularly Wrong About Stonehenge
- The Very Real Risks of Rescuing the Boys Trapped in a Thai Cave
- Diver Dies During Rescue Efforts for Cave-Trapped Thai Boys
- The 'Blood Rain' in Siberia Was Probably Caused by a Bunch of Industrial Garbage
- Watch This Frog Light Up After It Swallows a Firefly
- July 5
- Man Tries to Smuggle 19 Raptor Eggs Through Heathrow Airport — And 2 Hatched
- Poachers Tried to Kill Rhinos in South African Reserve. Instead, a Pride of Lions Killed Them.
- Woman Declared Dead Found Alive in Morgue Fridge
- Ancient Dogs of the Americas Were Wiped Out by European Colonization
- Honey Badger Takes on an Antelope, and It Doesn't Go Well
- Einstein's Theory of Gravity Passes Toughest Test to Date
- UK Couple Poisoned by Same Nerve Agent That Struck an Ex-Russian Spy and His Daughter
- Game Over, Man: This Australian Wasp Lays Chest-Bursting 'Alien' Eggs Inside Caterpillars
- Why Do Babies Barely Blink?
- Traces of 'Sonic Boom' Meteorites Found in the Ocean
- These 2 Wine Barrels Were Used As Bathrooms During the Renaissance
- July 4
- July 3
- How Long Can Humans Survive in a Cave?
- Remember That Dark-Matter-Free Galaxy? It May Have Dark Matter After All
- Dozens Fall Ill in Texas Outbreak: What Is Cyclospora?
- What to Do If You Come Face-to-Face with an Alligator
- Hand-Feeding Sharks Is a Terrible Idea
- Woman's 'Fish Pedicure' Tied to Odd Toenail Problem
- Why a Fighter Jet Is Testing 'Quiet' Supersonic Booms Over Texas
- How Long Would It Take to Cross the Milky Way at Light Speed?
- 7 Science Museums to Visit This Summer
- Two 4,500-Year-Old Homes Found Near Giza Pyramids
- In Photos: 4,500-Year-Old Homes Found Near Giza Pyramids
- July 2
- Horses Have Had Dental Appointments in Mongolia for Over 3,000 Years
- China's New Laser Gun Can Zap You with a Silent, Carbonizing Beam
- Another Cup? More Coffee Could Be Linked to Longer Life Span
- Could Aspirin Help Prevent Alzheimer's Disease? Mouse Study Says Maybe.
- Earth's First Animals Sparked Global Warming, Too
- No Aliens, But Scientists Find More Evidence for Life on a Saturn Moon
- Beer Shortage Looms in Europe As CO2 Supply Dwindles
- Are These Dots Purple, Blue or Proof That Humans Will Never Be Happy?
- July 1