All content archive
- October 31
- Would You Use Pot If It Were Legal? Here's What Americans Say
- Valley Fever Fungus Invades the Brain in 3 Rare Cases
- A.I. 'Nightmare Machine' Knows What Scares You
- Facebook & Real-World Friends: What's a Healthy Balance?
- Original Bedrock of Jesus' Tomb Revealed in New Images
- Images: The Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Naval Special Warfare Trainees Face Tiny Enemy: Bacteria
- Bomb-Sniffing Bionic Plants Could Look for Pollution
- The Scariest Places on Earth
- 295-Million-Year-Old Frog Relative Immaculately Preserved in Fossil
- 'Aliens?!' How the News Will Spread in a Digital Age
- 3,800-Year-Old 'Tableau' of Egyptian Boats Discovered
- In Images: A 'Google Maps' for the Mouse Brain
- Mouse Brain Visualized in Stunning 3D Detail
- October 30
- October 29
- October 28
- Deadly Measles Complication More Common Than Doctors Thought
- Book Excerpt: 'Einstein's Greatest Mistake: A Biography' (US 2016)
- Snowy 'Veins' of Siberia Captured in Haunting Image from Space
- Weird 'Gravity' Waves Above Antarctica Caused by Ice Vibrations
- Mistaken Identity? Debate Over Ancient 4-Legged Snake Heats Up
- Marijuana Legalization 2016: A Voter Guide
- Brain-Infecting Parasite May Be More Common in NY Than Experts Thought
- World's Largest Marine Sanctuary Created Off Antarctica
- Potty Training an Infant: Is It Effective?
- 'Ghost Fishing' Kills Long After the Gear Is Lost
- Ancient Bird Coughed Up 'Fishy' Pellet 120 Million Years Ago
- Facts About Woolly Mammoths
- October 27
- This Is the Best View Yet of Europe's Mars Lander Crash Site
- Jesus' Tomb Opened for First Time in Centuries
- Man's Death from 'Heartland Virus' Shows Wide-Ranging Effects on the Body
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria Can Hitch a Ride on Hospital Scrubs
- Male Birth Control Shots Lower Pregnancy Odds, But Have Side Effects
- Hairy Liaisons: Ancient Chimps and Bonobos Hooked Up
- Solar Storm Lit Up Parts of Northern US with Auroras
- First-Ever Dinosaur Brain Tissue Found
- In Images: Fossilized Dinosaur Brain Tissue
- Ancient Battle Left 'Sea Monster' With Tooth Stuck in Its Face
- Original Emoji Will Go on Display at Museum of Modern Art
- The 25 most mysterious archaeological finds on Earth
- New Particle May Hide in Old Atom-Smasher Data
- Revenge Killings: Irreverent Burials Suggest Ancient Blood Feuds
- Robo Beer Run: Self-Driving Truck Delivers Budweiser
- Brain-Machine Tech Helps Relieve Mysterious 'Phantom Limb Pain'
- The Science of Breakups: 7 Facts About Splitsville
- Don't Be Fooled: 5 Probiotics Myths
- 8 Tips to Be a Probiotic Pro
- 7 Strategies for Outdoor Lovers with Seasonal Allergies
- 9 Myths About Seasonal Allergies
- 10 Interesting Facts About Heroin
- 10 Interesting Facts About Caffeine
- 7 Ways to Recognize Depression in 20-Somethings
- 8 tips for parents of teens with depression
- 7 Ways Depression Differs in Men and Women
- October 26
- Facts About Calcium
- Two Strong Earthquakes Rattle Central Italy
- Why Kids Feel the Loss of a Pet So Deeply
- Americans Took 144 Billion Steps in a Month Just to Catch Pokémon
- Encoded Bling: Diamonds Could Store Huge Amounts of Data
- Humans May Have Hunted Cave Lions to Extinction
- In Photos: Rare Hebrew Papyrus from Judean Desert
- Ancient Hebrew Papyrus Seized from Looters, But Is It Authentic?
- 'Alien Megastructure' Star Targeted by $100 Million SETI Search
- Men's Resting Heart Rates May Be Linked with Their Mental Health
- HIV's 'Patient Zero' Wrongly Blamed for AIDS Epidemic
- How One of the Oldest Oak Trees in the US Was Killed
- Red Spider Nebula Haunts Deep Space in Hubble Photo
- Huge Magma Chamber Created Enormous Dome in Central Andes
- Halloween Fright: The Unusual Sex Lives of Dark Fishing Spiders
- Preserving Fright: Haunted Houses Recorded in Virtual Reality
- Getting in Character: The Psychology Behind Cosplay
- Want More Self-Control? Be Less Selfish, Brain Studies Suggest
- October 25
- Prescription Testosterone Gets New Warning
- Astronauts' Back Pain Has Surprising Cause
- How Heart-Healthy Is Your City? Full Rankings of 190 US Cities
- Heart-Healthy Cities: These Spots Have the Least Heart Attacks
- ER Visits for Alcohol Intoxication Are Going Up
- 9 DIY Ways to Improve Your Mental Health
- Hyperloop Pod Hovers for the First Time
- How Many Stars Are in the Universe?
- Vatican Issues New Cremation Guidelines for 'Faithfully Departed'
- Can a Virus Fight Alcoholism?
- Could Working Out Before Breakfast Help You Lose Weight?
- Tweet #SnailLove to Help Lonely Mollusk Find a Mate
- Oceania: How Humans Populated One of Earth's Most Remote Places
- Recovered WWI German U-Boat Revives 'Sea Monster' Tales
- Photos: WWI-Era German Submarine Wreck Discovered Off Scotland Coast
- Picture This: Startup Satellite Fleet Will Image Planet Daily
- October 24
- Women's Alcohol Consumption Catches Up to Men's
- No, 'Honeycomb' Clouds Don't Explain Bermuda Triangle Mystery
- The Truth About Astrological Signs
- New Millipede Species Has 414 Legs and 4 Penises
- Gallery: Up-Close With a New Millipede
- New Plastic-Based Textile Helps Cool You Off
- Man Dies of Flesh-Eating Bacteria from Ocean: What Is Vibrio Vulnificus?
- In Photos: Diving in a Twilight Coral Reef
- Coral 'Twilight Zone' Reveals New Type of Photosynthesis
- Lies Breed Lies: Brain May Get Desensitized to Dishonesty
- Ancient Teeth Show Early Human Favored Right Hand
- Can Science Save the Banana?
- 2,500-Year-Old Burial Hints at Ancient Cannabis Use
- Dream Control: Science and TV Explore the Weird Possibilities
- 25 grisly archaeological discoveries
- October 22
- October 21
- High-Potency Pot Doubles Risk of Marijuana Dependence
- 'Unprecedented' Twin Avalanches Puzzle Glaciologists
- Why Are Thousands of 'Scrotum Frogs' Dying Off in South America?
- Venomous Snake Bites on the Rise in Kids
- RIP, Schiaparelli: European Mars Lander's Crash Site Seen By NASA Probe
- How a DDoS Cyberattack Caused Widespread Internet Outage
- Beware of These Risks When Sharing Photos of Your Kids on Facebook
- Devil vs. Superbug: Bacteria Succumb to Tasmanian Devil Milk
- Nasty Elections: 5 Times Presidential Candidates Went Low
- Ancient Roman Battlefield Uncovered in Jerusalem
- Photos: Evidence of Ancient Roman Battle Found in Jerusalem
- 20 Weird Dog and Cat Behaviors Explained by Science
- 18th-Century Scottish Epic Reveals Ties to Ireland
- Snakes Used to Have Legs and Arms … Until These Mutations Happened
- Healthy Viewing: New Screen Time Guidelines for Kids
- October 20
- High Spot: Brain's Marijuana Center Imaged in 3D
- Oxygen Shift May Be Key to Resetting Biological Clock
- Beautiful Earth Visualization Shows the World's Weather in Motion
- Fact-Checking Trump: Can Abortions Really Happen on the 'Final Day' of Pregnancy?
- How Your Ancestry Influences the Inflammation in Your Body
- Britain Will Pardon Thousands of Gay and Bisexual Men
- 'Planet Nine' Can't Hide Much Longer, Scientists Say
- Europe Lost Contact with Mars Lander 1 Minute Before Touchdown
- Wide-Hipped Dinosaur the Size of a Bus Once Trod Across Australia
- Photos: Meet Wade, the Long-Necked Dinosaur from Down Under
- What's That Noise? 11 Strange and Mysterious Sounds on Earth & Beyond
- Are You Ready for a Computer That Reads Your Mind?
- The Most and Least Empathetic Countries in the World
- The Most and Least Empathetic Countries (Full List)
- 500 'Champagne' Methane Seeps Discovered Off Pacific Coast
- Photos: 500 New Methane Seeps Off the Pacific Northwest Coast
- October 19
- Should Marijuana Be Legal? 60 Percent of Americans Now Say Yes
- Rich People Really Do Ignore You When They Walk By
- Denali Dinos: Ancient Bones Are First of Their Kind in National Park
- Photos: See the 1st Dinosaur Bones Ever Found in Alaska's Denali National Park
- Millennials Fall for More Tech Scams Than Their Grandparents
- No Highs or Lows: Marijuana Use Holds Steady in Teens, Young Adults
- How Hot Is Lightning?
- Heavy Marijuana Use May Be Bad for Your Bones
- Suspense on Mars as Europe Awaits Signal from Lander
- Two Faults 'Holding Hands' Could Trigger Big Earthquakes in California
- Embryo Fish Face, Cow Dung & Beetle Feet Win Small World Photo Contest
- Wee Wonders: Top 20 Nikon Small World Contest Photos
- Monkeys Break Rocks, Show Humans Aren't So Special
- 3D-Printed Gadget Lets Kids Turn Smartphone into Microscope
- Hot Flash Genes? Symptom Linked to DNA Variation
- The Benefits of Medical Marijuana: Experts Weigh In
- Eels Consume Their Own Bones to Survive Migration
- Streak of Record-Breaking Hot Months Breaks Record
- October 18
- Placebo Pills May Help with Back Pain
- Mysterious Bison Hybrid Revealed from Ancient DNA and Cave Paintings
- Photos: Ancient Cave Painting Mystery Solved by DNA
- Too Hot to Handle? Ghost Pepper Leads to Torn Esophagus
- Leonardo DiCaprio's 'Captain Planet' Movie Will Focus on Earth's Grim Fate
- The Surprising Reason Some Foods May Trigger Migraines
- 25 Medical Myths That Just Won't Go Away
- Goliath Birdeater: Images of a Colossal Spider
- Landmark Climate Treaty Could Be in Jeopardy: Here's Why
- Healthy Baby Mice Produced from Mouse Mom's Skin Cells
- Did UNESCO Deny That the Temple Mount Had Jewish Temples?
- Left at the 1st Neuron: Project Will Map Every Human Cell
- New Anti-Inflammatory Drugs May Help Treat Depression
- Orbital ATK's Antares Rocket Returns to Flight with Gorgeous Night Cargo Launch
- Mothers' Obesity Linked with Biologically 'Older' Newborns
- October 17
- European Mars Lander Separates From Mothership, Takes Aim at Red Planet
- Unusual Cluster of Gigantism in Ireland Traced to Ancient Gene
- Model Contracts Eye Infection from 'Dirty' Makeup Brush
- Rare, Neolithic 'Goddess' Figurine Discovered in Turkey
- Bendable Battery May Power Future Wearable Devices, Smartphones
- Chambers Hidden in Great Pyramid? Scientists Cast Doubt
- Adults Usually Can't Catch Kids in a Lie
- 1st Look: Meet JJ, Columbus Zoo's Newborn Gorilla
- Why Do Science Issues Seem to Divide Americans Along Party Lines?
- Cracking codices: 10 of the most mysterious ancient manuscripts
- Scientists Untangle Chemistry of Frankincense to Develop 'Perfume'
- Found: Fossil Crocodile with a Mammal's Smile
- Ancient 'Frankenstein' Bug Mixed Grasshopper, Wasp & Roach Parts
- October 16
- October 15
- October 14
- BMW's Futuristic Motorcycle Balances on Its Own
- Facts About Radium
- Twins Conjoined at Head Now Separated: What Causes Rare Condition?
- Not All Processed Meats Carry the Same Cancer Risk
- Don't Fret Step Counts: These Fitness Tracker Measures Are More Important
- 5 Intriguing Uses for Artificial Intelligence (That Aren't Killer Robots)
- Jumping Spiders 'Hear' Long-Range Audio with Their Hairy Legs
- Woman Puts E-Cig Liquid in Her Eye After Mistaking It for Eyedrops
- Asgardia: Proposed Space-Based Nation Accepting Citizenship Applications
- Twin Hurricanes Matthew and Nicole Could Herald More Storms to Come
- The New Science of Willpower: Can Self-Control Really Get Used Up?
- Future of Health Care: Data Can Empower Patients, Obama Says
- T. Rex Probably Didn't Use Its Tiny Arms Much
- What Really Happens to Fighting Bulls After the Fight?
- Ingested Porcupine Quill Pokes Hole in Woman's Aorta
- B. Rex: Giant Armored Fish Was King Before Dinosaurs
- Why Earthquake Prediction Remains on Shaky Ground
- The Universe Has 10 Times More Galaxies Than Scientists Thought
- October 13
- 3 New Vaccines Against 'Black Death' Plague Bacteria Show Promise
- The Bizarre History of 'Tetris'
- 5 Misconceptions About Sexual Assault
- Brain-Implanted Device Restores Sense of Touch in Man with Spinal Cord Injury
- Half of Americans Believe in 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
- Forget Ghosts — Government Corruption Spooks People Most
- 80 Years Later, Polar Explorer's Sunken Ship Floats Again
- 7 Weird Facts About Tetris
- In Photos: Norwegian Explorer's Ship Raised from the Arctic
- Women's Brains Grow a Bit During Menstrual Cycle
- Donald Trump's Clean-Coal Response Misses Mark, Experts Say
- Augmented-Reality Helmet Could Give Cyclists Extra Eyes on the Road
- Nobel Prize 2016: Here Are the Winners (and What They Achieved)
- Mars Mission Advice: It's Not Just Rocket Science, Kids
- October 12
- Promising Ebola Drug ZMapp: The Real Lessons of an Inconclusive Study
- Impact! New Moon Craters Are Appearing Faster Than Thought
- Heart-Harming Supplements? Calcium Pills Linked to Artery Buildup
- How Hot Is Hell?
- Photos: Innovative Designs Make James Dyson Award 2016 Shortlist
- 1st Death from a Recluse Spider Bite Reported in Europe
- Sending Humans to Mars: 8 Steps to Red Planet Colonization
- Mom's Antidepressant Use May Increase Baby's Risk of Speech Disorders
- Oldest Known Avian 'Squawk Box' Helped Ancient Bird Quack
- Civil War Cannonballs Uncovered by Hurricane Have Been Detonated
- Your Brain on Tetris: How Video Game Seduced Millions
- Tiny 'Beardogs' Get New Place in Carnivore Family Tree
- Alien Life May Munch on Galactic Cosmic Rays
- In Photos: Recording the Crackles and Pops from the Northern Lights
- How One Scientist Decoded the Mysterious Sounds of the Northern Lights
- Many Parents Who Think They Have Food Allergies Actually Don't
- October 11
- New Dwarf Planet Found in Our Solar System
- Experience the Thrill of an Everest Expedition in New Virtual Reality Film
- On a Long Trip to Mars, Cosmic Radiation May Damage Astronauts' Brains
- 'Head Rush' Linked with Increased Risk for Dementia in Older Adults
- Hurricane Sandy-Level Floods Likely to Hit NYC More Often
- Supplement Trends: Multivitamin Use Down, Probiotics & Vitamin D Up
- Rapid Fire: Ancient Blaze Leveled City in 3 Hours
- 'Safe' Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Batteries Are Still Exploding
- US Will Send People to Mars by 2030s, Barack Obama Says
- How the Heck Did Black Widow Spider DNA Get Inside a Virus?
- What Happened to the Universe's Primordial Hydrogen?
- Mice Sing Love Songs Like a Jet Engine
- How Did a Chunk of India and Eurasia Just Disappear?
- Mixing the Pot? 7 Ways Marijuana Interacts with Medicines
- 25 Weird Things Humans Do Every Day, and Why
- Debate 2016: What Goes on in Your Brain When People Invade Your Space
- October 10
- Deadly Mixture: Scientists Uncover Harmful Drug Interactions
- Why You Shouldn't Do a Hard Workout When You're Upset
- New High-Tech Friendship Bracelets Teach Kids How to Code
- Nestlé Drumstick Recall: How Does Listeria Get into Ice Cream?
- Stem Cells May Help Repair Broken Monkey Hearts
- Comic Con Cosplay: Photos of the Coolest Costumes
- Locker-Room Talk & Alternate Realities: Scientists Dissect Presidential Debate
- 25 New 'Dead Sea Scrolls' Revealed
- Are These New Dead Sea Scrolls the Real Thing?
- The Demon on Your Chest and Other Terrifying Tales of Sleep Paralysis
- 25 Scientific Tips For Raising Happy (& Healthy) Kids
- October 8
- October 7
- Hair Plugs? Joe Buck Puts Cosmetic Addictions in Spotlight
- The Eye of Hurricane Matthew: Satellite Sees Storm's Heat from Space
- Hurricane Matthew: Why Are Storm Surges So Deadly?
- Why Some People Don't Flee Hurricanes
- NASA Spaceport Weathers Hurricane Matthew as Satellite Reveals Double Eyewall
- 2,000-Year-Old Pompeii Home Reconstructed in 3D
- Do Interruptions Hurt Presidential Candidates? What the Science Says
- New Prostate Cancer Screening Rules Fail to Curb PSA Testing
- Unexpectedly Deep Seismic Activity Found Along California Fault
- The Spooky Secret Behind Artificial Intelligence's Incredible Power
- Great, Mysterious Balls of Fire Speed by Dying Star
- Hurricane Matthew: Where Is This Massive Storm Heading?
- Hurricane Matthew Photos: See How the Monster Storm Evolved
- Back from the Dead? Goliath Worms 'Drown' and Recover
- Can Great Apes Read Your Mind?
- Up She Goes! 8 of the Wackiest Early Flying Machines
- Why 'Hoppy' Beer May Be Better for Your Liver
- October 6
- Facts About Lead
- 4-Year-Old Overdoses on 'Natural' Supplements, Ends Up in ER
- 'Rapunzel Syndrome' Caused Woman's Odd Symptoms
- Political Digs Aside, How Common Is Infidelity, Really?
- 'Martian Gardens' Help Scientists Find the Best Veggies to Grow on Mars
- Hurricane Matthew Forces Closure of NASA's Kennedy Space Center
- What Makes the Google Pixel Different from Other Smartphones?
- The Science Behind Hurricane Matthew's Unexpected Course Change
- Monstrous Hurricane Matthew Towers Over Tropical Storm Nicole (Photo)
- Think Fast: Do Humans Have Hair on the Undersides of Their Arms?
- Science of Disbelief: When Did Climate Change Become All About Politics?
- Darlings of the American Deserts: Photos of the Greater Roadrunner
- Landmark Paris Climate Pact to Take Effect in 30 Days
- October 5
- Spooky Satellite Photo Shows Hurricane Matthew's 'Skull'
- Are E-Cig Injuries Exploding Upward?
- Uterus Transplants Fail Again: Why Are They So Difficult?
- 'Alien Megastructure' Star Keeps Getting Stranger
- Are the Nobel Prizes Missing Female Scientists?
- Meet Granddad: Weird, Ancient Reptile Gave Rise to Mammals
- Can Eating Cinnamon Cool Off the Stomach?
- Humans May Have Reached Maximum Life Span
- Great Scott! How to Get the 'Back to the Future' Self-Lacing Shoes
- The First People to Settle Polynesia Came from Asia
- In Photos: Ancient Skeletons Reveal the Ancestors of Polynesians
- 27 oddest medical cases
- 3 Scientists Win Nobel in Chemistry for Creating World's Smallest Machines
- Where Is the Rest of the Universe?
- Boom Times 3: Volcano Triplets Spotted Erupting (Photo)
- Another Study Shows the Discrimination Women Face in the Workplace
- Brain Cancer: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
- October 4
- Physics Nobel Goes to 3 Who Studied Matter's Odd States
- New Outbreak in Flint: What is Shigellosis?
- 'Yetis' Swarm Manhattan: The Lore of a Furry, Human-Like Beast
- Device Can Read Emotions By Bouncing Wireless Signals Off Your Body
- Ben Stiller's Prostate Cancer: Do All Guys Need a PSA Test?
- Matthew Arrives: Huge Hurricane's Landfall Captured by Satellites
- Like Fatty Foods? There's a Gene for That.
- Battle Morning Sickness with 5 Science-Approved Remedies
- Ginger and Acupressure for Morning Sickness? Science Says Maybe
- Before Nobel Prizes: Gifts Reigned as Early Science’s Currency
- Roman Bullets Tell Story of 1,800-Year-Old Attack on Scottish Fort
- In Photos: Archaeologists Map Roman Raid on Scottish Hill Fort
- Curiosity Rover Snaps Amazing Selfie on Mars Mountain (Photo)
- Tropical Storms and Hurricanes of 2016 (Photos)
- 'Twilight Zone' Coral Reefs Revealed in Hawaii
- Why do french fries taste so bad when they're cold?
- Huffing Dust Spray Causes Man's Odd Bone Disease
- What Made Hurricane Matthew So Strong?
- 'UFO' Seen in Live Space Station Video Is Just Fluff
- October 3
- Death Penalty Opposition Hits New Peak
- San Andreas Earthquake Swarm: How Mini-Quakes Affect Risk of Big Ones
- Can Marijuana Cause Deadly Drug Interactions?
- Warm Ocean 'Blob' Triggered Worst-Ever Toxic Algae Blooms
- What Is 'Hangover Free' Synthetic Alcohol, and Is It Safe?
- FDA to Parents: Don't Give Your Kids Homeopathic Teething Tablets
- Photos: Dazzling Minerals and Gems
- Japanese Scientist Wins Nobel Prize in Medicine for Cell 'Self-Eating'
- Extinct 12-Foot-Long Shark Is Related to Ginormous Megalodon
- Are Virtual Reality Headsets Safe for Kids?
- YouTube's 'It's Okay To Be Smart' Serves Up Stimulating Science
- 9 Celebrities Who Spoke Up about Depression
- Alternative Treatments Linked to Skipping Flu Shots
- October 2
- October 1