All content archive
- October 31
- Woman Sues Sephora — Can You Get Herpes from Lipstick?
- Pesticide Residue on Fruits, Veggies, Linked to Lower Fertility in Women
- 'Lost' Salamander Rediscovered After 42 Years
- In Photos: Lost Salamanders Discovered
- Sorry, You Can't Stop Aging – Here's the Math to Prove It
- Smallpox-Related Viruses Are Still a Threat to Humans, Experts Warn
- What Caused the Eruption of the World's Largest Mud Volcano?
- Yes, You Really Can 'Overdose' on Candy — or at Least One Type
- 'I Wake Up in a Pool of Blood': These Horror Stories Were Written by an AI
- Spicy Foods Trick the Brain to Use Less Salt
- X-Rays Reveal Ghostly Portrait of Mary, Queen of Scots
- Woman Gets Pregnant While Already Pregnant: Rare 'Twin' Case Explained
- Is Soy Good for the Heart? FDA Proposal Backtracks on Health Claim
- October 30
- Bible May Record Oldest Known Solar Eclipse
- What Your Nose Can Reveal About Your Emotions
- Totally Adorable Bee-Bot Can Do It All
- Perpetually Congested Woman Had a Tooth Growing into Her Nose
- Lifelike 'Sophia' Robot Granted Citizenship to Saudi Arabia
- Insect 'Armageddon': Should You Worry?
- Man Sees Doctor for Stomachache, Has Leaking Lighter Removed from Gut
- Daylight Saving Crime: When Clocks Fall Back, Assaults Spike
- Remains of 18-Foot-Long Sea Monster Found with Its Favorite Foods
- 13 Bizarre Mythical Monsters to Haunt Your Halloween
- Octlantis: See photos of tight-knit gloomy octopus communities
- 'Octlantis': Bustling Octopus Community Discovered Off Australia
- October 29
- October 28
- October 27
- Antimatter Angst: The Universe Shouldn't Exist
- Eerie Glowing Bubble Over Siberia Sparks UFO Reports: What Is It?
- Crunch! Curious Great White Shark Snags Underwater Camera
- Him Too: Who Are the Sexual Harassers?
- How a Squirrel May Have Infected a Medieval Woman with Leprosy
- Incredible Image of Bubble-Blowing Wasp Has a Scientific Explanation
- Sweet Lullaby: Scientists Uncover How Herpes Virus Sleeps and Wakes
- 8 awful parasite infections that will make your skin crawl
- Love Buzz: Marijuana Use Linked to Sexual Activity
- Puerto Rico: Geography, History and Other Facts
- October 26
- Trump Orders Release of 2,800 JFK Assassination Files, Holds Back Others
- How Do You Make a Conscious Robot?
- What Exactly Does It Mean to Die from 'Natural Causes'?
- Dinosaur with Raccoon-Like Mask Hid in Broad Daylight
- Raccoons Ace Cognition Test (But Sometimes They Cheat)
- Why Bats Are So Good at Gulping Down (Halloween) Prey
- 'Dancing with the Dead' Ritual Could Help Plague Spread
- Where Are All the Intelligent Aliens? Maybe They're Trapped in Buried Oceans
- Why Women Who Arch Their Backs Are More Alluring to Men
- This Tiny Detail Revealed a Painting Was Looted by the Nazis
- There and Back Again: Scientists Beam Photons to Space to Test Quantum Theory
- What on Earth? Freaky Moth with Hairy 'Butt Appendages' Stuns Facebook
- October 25
- What Is Leptospirosis? Dozens of Cases Suspected in Puerto Rico
- Don't Stick Magnets in Your Nose: Boy's Case Shows Risks
- Woman's Scalp Was Torn from Her Head in Horrifying Accident
- This 6,000-Year-Old Skull May Be from Earliest Known Tsunami Victim
- Einstein's Hidden 'Formula' for Happiness Sells for $1.5 Million
- Was Chilean Poet Pablo Neruda Murdered?
- Do You Daydream? You May Be Smarter and More Creative Than Your Peers
- DARPA Ties XS-1 Military Space Plane Project to National Security
- Prozac Puts Crabs in a Mood to Take Deadly Risks
- Summer Shedding: 'Hair Loss' Searches Peak in Warmer Months
- It's Official: Earliest Known Marine Astrolabe Found in Shipwreck
- Rare Footage Captures Giant Jellyfish Living Under Arctic Ice
- October 24
- Here's How Steel Wool Burns (and Why It Looks Like the Death of Krypton)
- Why 'Vaginal Seeding' with Mom's Microbes May Be Risky for Newborns
- Brits' Fondness for Feeding Birds Is Changing Their Beaks
- Scientists Want to Help You Have Lucid Dreams
- Unbearable: An Enormously Swollen Tongue Was Destroying a Bear's Life
- Photos: Discoveries from a Bronze Age Battlefield
- Why a Wasp Just Cut a Bee in Half (and Left with Its Rear End)
- Do You Know the Risk Factors for Cancer? Many Americans Don't
- Ancient Coptic Tombstone Found Along Egypt's Avenue of Sphinxes
- Clowns or Holes: What Is Your State Most Afraid Of?
- 'Eye' Can't Look: 9 Eyeball Injuries That Will Make You Squirm
- This Shipwreck Dates to When Genghis Khan's Descendants Ruled China
- In Photos: 700-Year-Old Shipwreck Discovered in China
- Demand for Stephen Hawking's Doctoral Thesis Crashes Website
- October 23
- Low-Fat Bacon? Scientists Use CRISPR to Breed Petite Piglets
- Primordial Fossils of Earth's 1st Trees Reveal Their Bizarre Structure
- Woman's Rare Condition Causes Her to Sweat Blood, Doctors Report
- Why Does Our Universe Have 3 Dimensions?
- Scared? Your Sleep Quality Could Be to Blame
- Shrews' Heads (and Brains) Shrink As Seasons Change
- Happy Mole Day! Mayors Celebrate Scientific Date with Research Push
- 450-Year-Old Book Reveals What to Name a Baby Samurai
- Europe's Oldest Battlefield Yields Clues to Fighters' Identities
- Teen Astronomer's 1886 Sketch Reveals Rare White Solar Flare
- October 21
- October 20
- Sea Lilies on Twitter Are Mesmerizing … And Not What They Seem
- Woman's 'Missing' IUD Turns Up in Her Bladder
- City-Size Lunar Lava Tube Could House Future Astronaut Residents
- When Your Body Needs Nourishment, Your Brain Eats First
- 54-Million-Year-Old Baby Sea Turtle Had Built-In Sunscreen
- Church that Worships AI God May Be the Way of the Future
- Baby Arachnophobia: Tots’ Fear of Spiders and Snakes May Be Innate
- Snake Head Pops Out of Frog's Maw in Mesmerizing Photo
- October 19
- Bacteria in Your Mouth Could Fuel Gut Diseases
- California Bill: What Is Water Cremation?
- How Blood-Bloated Mosquitoes Stealthily Avoid a Swat
- In photos: The UK's geologic wonders
- Say What? Computer Game Improves Hearing in Noisy Situations
- Let Sleeping Dogs Lie: It Helps Them Consolidate Memories
- Your Dog Doesn't Want Just Your Food — He Wants Your Attention
- 9 New Ways to Keep Your Heart Healthy
- Walking, Even a Little, May Help Older Adults Live Longer
- VR Experience Takes You into Famed WWII Shipwreck
- In Photos: Explore WWII Shipwreck in Virtual Reality
- Extremely Rare Case: Man's Artificial Hip Infected with 'Rabbit Fever'
- Nostradamus: Predictions of Things Past
- October 18
- Did a Baby Really 'Kick Through' Her Mother's Uterus?
- 'Soonish' Predicts World-Changing Tech: Author Q&A
- How the Plague Outbreak in Madagascar Got So Bad, So Fast
- Statue of Egyptian Queen Unearthed Near Giza Pyramids
- The Best Science Books
- How Would We Talk to Aliens?
- Cancer Linked to Breast Implants Is on the Rise
- Is Youth Football Past Its Prime?
- In Photos: 8 Toys That Embrace Diversity
- Skilled Animal Fighters May Have an Edge in Brawls
- Clumsy Dinosaur or Attack Survivor? Injuries Plagued Ancient Beast
- A Soft Touch Can Soothe Hard Feelings of Rejection
- What Is Synesthesia?
- October 17
- Man Says Apple Watch App Helped Detect Blood Clot, Saved His Life
- Why You Shouldn't Expect to See 'Blade Runner' Replicants Anytime Soon
- Bad Blood? Why Transfusions from Women May Be Risky for Men
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: King of the Dinosaurs
- Neutron-Star Collision Reveals Origin of Gold, Astronomers Say
- Volcanic Eruptions May Have Doomed an Ancient Egyptian Dynasty
- Infant Chimp Snatched and Cannibalized Moments After Its Birth
- Why Do We Get Addicted to Things?
- Ancient Sea Creature Looked Like a Wine Glass, Died Alone
- 400 Mysterious Ancient Stone Structures Discovered in Saudi Arabia
- In Photos: Mysterious Stone Structures in Saudi Arabia
- October 16
- Why Gravitational Waves Are So Exhilarating
- How Do You Grow a Low-Fat Avocado?
- So Much Drama! Roman Amphitheater Found Under Western Wall Tunnels
- Your Hair Color and Sleep Habits May Come from Neanderthals
- Woman Needed Arms, Legs Amputated After Giving Birth: What Is Necrotizing Fasciitis?
- First Detection of Gravitational Waves from Neutron-Star Crash Marks New Era of Astronomy
- What Have Gravitational-Wave Detectors Discovered? Find Out Today!
- Woman Contracts Rare Bacterial Infection on 12-Hour Flight
- 'Magic Mushrooms' Might Ease Depression Symptoms
- Atlas V Rocket Launches New US Spy Satellite on Secret Mission
- October 15
- October 14
- October 13
- The Story Behind That 2,000-Year-Old Thracian Chariot You Saw on Reddit
- Harvey Weinstein's Retreat: Does He Really Have a Sex Addiction?
- California's Spreading Wildfires: What Are Katabatic Winds?
- Futuristic Russian Military Suit Gets Nuclear-Proof Upgrade
- Did Anthrax Kill More Than 100 Hippos in Namibia?
- Pals Before Gals: Young Men Prefer 'Bromance' to Romance
- Origins of Friday the 13th: How the Day Got So Spooky
- Did Easter Islanders Have Early Contact with South Americans?
- Machine Dreams: 22 Human-Like Androids from Sci-Fi
- Octopus-Inspired Robots: Silicone Skin Can Change Texture for '3D Camouflage'
- October 12
- Man Nearly Dies After Live Fish Jumps Down His Throat
- Could Eating Poultry Raise Your Risk of UTIs?
- NASA Satellite Reveals Source of El Niño-Fueled Carbon Dioxide Spike
- Infection with Rare Virus Traced to Teen's Pet Rats
- Smart Move? What Trump's IQ Contest Would Really Show
- Long Sleeves on Doctors' White Coats May Spread Germs
- Inferno Down Below: Satellites Reveal Burning California Wildfires
- Planet Nine Does Exist, NASA Evidence Suggests
- Monsters and Zombies? Nope, Americans Are Most Afraid of the Government
- Hidden Upside-Down Canyon Revealed on Underside of Antarctic Ice
- October 11
- Sprains: Causes, Treatment & Prevention
- New Gene Therapy for Blindness: How Does It Work?
- Frankie Muniz's Ministrokes: What Are Transient Ischemic Attacks?
- Surprise! Bizarre Dwarf Planet Haumea Has Rings
- 11 Hidden Secrets in Famous Works of Art
- New Therapy Halts Rare Brain Disease Depicted in 'Lorenzo's Oil'
- Documentary Shows Jane Goodall in New Light with Unseen Footage
- People Magazine 'Most Beautiful' List Embodies Changing Beauty Standards
- Swiss Alpine Pass Yields 4,000-Year-Old Bow, Arrows and Lunch Box
- Photos: 4,000-Year-Old Artifacts Found in Swiss Alpine Pass
- 'Beam of Invisibility' Could Hide Objects Using Light
- Beyond Birth Control: 5 Conditions 'The Pill' Can Help Treat
- 'King Tides' Flood Florida Streets (Here's Why)
- One Direction Concert Goer Screamed So Hard She Ended Up with Collapsed Lungs
- October 10
- Facts About Neptunium
- Wildfires Blaze in Northern California (Photos)
- Quantum Communication Demonstrated in Real-Life City Conditions
- Humanity's Sci-Fi Future: Are We Really Ready for Intelligent Robots?
- Listen, Don't Look: Why Your Ears Can Tell More Than Your Eyes
- JFK Assassination Files Due for Release: Why Conspiracy Theorists Are Excited
- New Cave-Dwelling Eyeless Creature Baited with Stinky Cheese
- October 9
- Diet Tweaks Could Ease Runner's Diarrhea
- Decades Later, 'Tree Lobster' Stick Insects Escape Extinction
- Real-Life Superpower: 'See' Around Corners with Smartphone Tech
- No Sweat: Small Doses of Exercise May Ward Off Depression
- 40 Percent of Cancer Cases in US Linked to Weight
- Bacteria Can Be Programmed to Assemble Structures from Gold Particles
- Why Sexual Assault Victims Wait to Speak Out
- Here's How to Talk to Your Kids About Opioids
- New Drug to Protect Infants from Whooping Cough Shows Promise
- End of the World As We Know It: What's the Draw of Dystopian Sci-Fi?
- October 8
- October 7
- October 6
- Bird Photobombs the Space Station and Sun in Awesome Photo
- How Bad the Opioid Epidemic Really Is in 6 Simple Charts
- Escape from NY (Comic Con) with Amazon's Puzzle Challenge
- Hepatitis A Spreads Through San Diego: Why It's So Hard to Stop
- Plague Spreads in Madagascar: What's Causing This Deadly Outbreak?
- Can Football Ever Be Safe?
- Huge Underground Cache of Helium in Africa Could Avert Global Shortage
- Actress Gabrielle Union's IVF Struggles: What Causes Miscarriage?
- In Photos: Massive Underground Helium Reserve Found in Tanzania
- Recipe for a Replicant: 5 Steps to Building a Blade Runner-Style Android
- Cash-Back Sale for Essentials for Watching October's Meteor Showers [Deals]
- Massive Calved Iceberg Comes into View as Antarctic Sun Rises
- Ax Linked to Ötzi the Iceman Found North of the Alps
- Chaco Canyon Photos: Amazing Ruins from an Ancient World
- October 5
- The Next Giant Leap: US Will Return to the Moon, Pence Says
- Man v. Snake: 26-Foot-Long Python Loses Epic Battle
- You May Be More 'Neanderthal' Than You Thought
- World's Most Precise Clock Powered by Supercold Strontium Atoms
- Different Meditation Practices Reshape Brain in Different Ways
- Bronze Arm Found at Antikythera Shipwreck
- Photos: Bronze-Age Stone Tools Unearthed at Site of Ancient Stream
- Mysterious Stone Tools Unearthed at Bronze-Age Site in Wales
- How Hockey Fans' Hearts React to Stressful Moments in the Game
- Palace of Versailles: Facts & History
- October 4
- Tiny Acrobat: Louse Photographed Flipping and Twirling
- These Microbes May Hitch a Ride with Humans to Mars: Why That Matters
- Antarctic Iceberg's Split Reveals Ecosystem Hidden for Thousands of Years
- Crying for Power? Your Tears Could Generate Electricity
- Colonial Privy? Paul Revere's Outhouse Excavated in Boston
- Are 'Flatliners' Really Conscious After Death?
- 'Don't Let Your Guard Down': Atlantic Hurricane Season Isn't Over Yet
- Experts Call for Mass Killers' Names to Be Kept Quiet
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry Awarded for 3D Images of Life's Molecules
- October 3
- Life on Earth May Have Started with a Cosmic Splash
- Diet of Lamb and Cheerios Leads to Boy's Vision Loss
- Facts About Titanium
- Psychokinesis: Facts About Mind Over Matter
- Einstein Would Be 'Flabbergasted' by Gravitational Wave Nobel
- Forget Me Not: History's 17 Most Bizarre Amnesia Cases
- Why Cholera Isn't Likely in Puerto Rico, But Other Diseases Are
- Scientists Race to Save Puerto Rico's 'Monkey Island'
- Should People Who Can't Quit Smoking Switch to E-Cigarettes?
- Doctors Remove More Than 100 Pieces of Metal from a Man's Stomach
- Do Animals Have Menopause?
- Tom Petty's Death: What Is Cardiac Arrest?
- Nobel Prize Awarded for Sensational Gravitational Waves Discovery
- October 2
- Why Don't Hippos Get Cholera?
- Most Important Meal? Heart Risks Linked to Skipping Breakfast
- Cloudy with a Chance of Seafood? Fish Fall from Sky in Mexico
- Concussions May Hit Girls Harder Than Boys
- Marine Invaders: Japanese Tsunami Brought 300 Species to US Shores
- Nobel Prize in Medicine Awarded for Work on Biological Clock
- Jaguar v. Caiman Death Battle Photographed in Brazil
- In Photos: A Jaguar Takes Down a Caiman in Brazil
- Did 'Nutcracker Man' Give Us Genital Herpes?
- Earth May Be Close to 'Threshold of Catastrophe'