N.Y. Gourmet Salads, Inc., a Brooklyn, N.Y., establishment, is recalling an undetermined amount of various meat and poultry products that were produced without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Lemon Grilled Chicken"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Meatballs"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Meatballs and Sauce"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Swedish Meatballs"
- 5-pound containers of "Sausage and Peppers"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Chicken Salad"
- 5-pound containers of "Grilled Chicken"
- 5-pound containers of "Grilled Chicken, Plain"
- 4.5-pound and 5-pound containers of "Breaded Chicken"
- 6-pound containers of "Stuffed Cabbage"
- 5-pound containers "Teriyaki Grilled Chicken"
- 5-pound containers "Chopped Chicken Liver"
The implicated products were produced between March 11, 2010, and Oct. 29, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in New York. Labeling information on these products is currently unknown, unless otherwise noted above. The products subject to this recall may or may not bear the N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. label with the establishment number "P-34440" or "Est. 34440" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
These products were the subject of a public health alert issued on Oct. 30, 2010. After a continued investigation by FSIS, the products are now being recalled by the firm. FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a physician.
Consumer and media questions regarding the recall should be directed to the company Vice President Lenny Spada at (718) 765-0082.