The Most Popular New Year's Resolutions
Whether you're hoping to quit smoking, be more organized or get a new job, now is the time to outline what you'd like to achieve next year. See how your goals for the New Year compare to the most popular resolutions of 2011.
The most common objective for those hoping to make some positive changes in 2011 is to drop a few pounds, according to an online poll of over 5,000 people on 43things.com. Poll results showed that 1,057 people voted to "lose weight" as their No. 1 resolution, with "be happy" coming in second place with 684 votes.
Here's the full list:
Most Popular New Year's Resolutions of 2011
1. Lose weight (1,057 votes)
2. Be happy (684 votes)
3. Save money (636 votes)
4. Fall in love (554 votes)
5. Get a job (515 votes)
6. Read more (433 votes)
7. Eat, drink, try or learn something new (378 votes)
8. Quit Smoking (345 votes)
9. Take a photo every day for a year (266 votes)
10. Run a marathon (255 votes)
- No. 1 Word for 2011: Twenty-Eleven
- Why Does the New Year Start On January 1st?
- Experts Reveal Keys to Keeping Your Resolutions
This article was provided by Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience.
MORE FROM LiveScience.com