A woman's daily habit of cleaning her ears with cotton swabs led to a life-threatening infection in her skull.
A man was diagnosed with penile ossification, a rare condition in which bone forms inside the penis.
A U.K. man's dentures fell down his throat during surgery and were stuck there for more than a week before they were discovered.
Ever since Gwyneth Paltrow endorsed vaginal steaming, doctors have warned that the practice isn't without risks.
Caffeine may really be a trigger for migraines, but only if you consume a lot of it, a new study suggests.
Half a dozen cancer patients in New York developed a rare infection after they received injectable opioids that a nurse had diluted with tap water, according to a new report.
A little lick from a puppy may have led to a life-threatening infection for one woman in Ohio, who ended up needing her hands and legs amputated.
These six exercises may help ward off obesity in those who are genetically predisposed to packing on the pounds.
In some cases, moving during pregnancy may increase the risk of preterm birth, a new study suggests.
A woman's birth control implant that went missing from its proper place in her arm turned up in her lung.
The first study to test the gene-editing technology CRISPR inside the human body is about to get underway in the United States, according to news reports.
A man in North Carolina died from a rare "brain-eating" amoeba infection after swimming in a lake at a local water park, according to news reports.
An Indiana woman's vacation took a grim turn when she developed a serious leg infection after spending time in the hotel's hot tub.
Infections with an intestinal parasite have surged in Massachusetts in recent months, according to health officials.
A new study finds distinct differences in the brains of U.S. embassy workers who were potentially exposed to bizarre sensory phenomena while serving in Cuba.
Summer is the most common season for U.S. teens and adults to try illegal or recreational drugs for the first time, a new study finds.
A teenage boy had a knife-like shard of glass stuck in his face for weeks after he fainted into a window.
Twin girls who were born joined at the head have been successfully separated after a months-long medical endeavor.
A woman's habit of keeping her contact lenses in while swimming and showering had serious consequences.
Several people in a West Virginia county recently overdosed from wasp spray, which they used as an alternative to methamphetamine, according to news reports.
Current page: 1