According to Logitech, makers of computer peripheral accessories and remote controls, the average American has four remotes in their living room. With all those clickers floating around, there's a good chance that you've lost track of one (or two) of them.
Well, good news. Logitech's recent "Global Remote Control Trends Study" reveals that there's a nearly 50 percent chance that it's stuck between your sofa cushions. Here's the breakdown of where people lose their remotes:
- 49 percent found the remote in the couch
- 8 percent found it in the bathroom
- 8 percent in a dresser drawer
- 4 percent in the fridge/freezer
- 2 percent have found the remote outside or all the way out in the car
This article was provided by Life’s Little Mysteries, a sister site to LiveScience.com.
Live Science newsletter
Stay up to date on the latest science news by signing up for our Essentials newsletter.