A Russian man complaining of pain in his chest is said to have had a fir tree growing there. We have our doubts about this one, but here's what's being reported: Doctors went in and were shocked to find the tiny tree. They say the 2-inch (5 cm) "branch" is too big to have been swallowed and so the man must have inhaled a seed that later sprouted. Remember this next time you stick watermelon seeds in your ear or swallow a cherry pit.

[Read the Full Story at The Daily Mail]

In our new Etc. format, LiveScience provides links to articles of interest around the web. It is in Beta.