Yes, iPod has a great little screen. But why not relax with a 44-inch virtual screen—a movie experience that fits right in your pocket. Check the specs:
- Twin high-resolution 320x240 (230,000 pixels) LCD Displays
- Equivalent to a 44" screen viewed at 9 feet
- 24-bit True color (16 million colors)
- Weighs 4 oz
- iPod battery life remains the same as if using the iPod screen
- 60 Hz update rates
Incredibly, you get all this for just $300.
If you are into visions of the future, take a look at these related articles:
- FRS - Forehead Retina System
Remarkable system helps visually impaired people distinguish the objects in front of them.
- Pierced Glasses - Extreme Eyewear
LASIK is extreme - this is just making good use of a piercing that you might have gotten anyway.
- Virtual Retinal Displays Get All Geordi With It
The Human Interface Technology Laboratory is continuing work on virtual retinal displays - and building in a very Star Trek look while they're at it.
(This Science Fiction in the News story used with permission from Technovelgy.com - where science meets fiction.)
- Urban Legends Debunked
- Video iPod: An Improvement HG Wells' 1899 Device
- Phone or iPod Run New Pocket-size Projector
- Lightning Strikes Teen Listening To iPod